Translate

Monday, April 29, 2013

Goals

Hello Beautiful Starlets!

I have come up with a few financial goals that I want to achieve and I want to share them with you.
  1. Get a job after college
  2. Pay off my undergraduate student loans as quickly as possible
  3. Save up to buy a sewing machine .................................................... Cost: $119.99
  4. Save up to buy a DSLR camera .......................................................Cost: $600
  5. Save up money for medical school ................................................... Cost: $300,000
  6. Save up to buy my first house cash in the next 10-15 years ................Cost: $200,000
  7. Save up to pay for my wedding in the next 20-25 years..................... Cost: $30,000

How will I be doing this?
Sewing Machine
In order to save up for the sewing machine I will be using swagbucks. For every 450 swagbucks I accumulate I will be able to redeem a $5 amazon gift card. I have been using swagbucks on and off for the past year or so and have already obtained $20 worth of amazon gift cards, so I know this isn't a scam. It will take a long time, but I'm willing to wait since I'm not currently working at the moment.

DSLR Camera
In order to save up for the DSLR Camera I will be using coupons. Everything that I save from using coupons will go to saving for the camera. 

Loans, Medical School, House, and Wedding
I'm not entirely sure how I will save up enough for these but I know that I must get a job. Whatever job I get most likely will not pay enough so that I will be able to do all of this but at least it is something until after I'm a doctor. As for my wedding, I do not plan on getting married in 20 years. If I get married I would like for it to be in the next few years but I want it to be smaller. My dream wedding will cost more than what I can afford so I would rather it be during a milestone in our relationship.

I am preparing myself to go into debt for med school because there is no way that I will be able to save up that much money. But whatever I am able to save up will go towards paying it off. 


These are very high ambitions and I most likely won't be able to fulfill them in the time frame mentioned. But they are goals to work towards. Why try if it won't be a challenge? As time progresses I'll keep you updated on how everything is going financially. So Starlets, if you have any financial goals share them with me so we can support one another.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment